Sunday 6 March 2011

change of theme for theme 2

My theme 2 was going to be   'animals'  but after speaking to Steve in last weeks class, and reading his coments, I had some reservations...
 There is not a great deal of research to be found on pet portraits (which I would have more time to take shots of),  and whilst there is more on wildlife photography, I felt concerned that I may not get enough opportunities in the wild to capture the standard that I want within the given time scales.

  In making this decision I have taken into account the time I will need to spend on my Digital Manipulation assignment, whilst working full time.   If I manage to capture some animals within my theme 1 of 'An overview of Nature' that would be good, but not essential.

 I am changing my theme 2 to "The Closer View" and need to get this new idea agreed by Steve?
My idea is to take close up shots of the details found within a nature scene,  so whilst working on my theme 1 (An Overview of Nature),  I can also capture the details therein for 'The Closer View' of nature.  Therefore these images will portray outline textures  of a nature aspect, as apposed to full nature scapes.  This way I will be able to capture photographs for both themes during same days out.  I have been inspired to think this way since starting and enjoying the homework task of taking photographs of objects,  and my visit to NEC Photo Imaging Exibition, where professional photographers showed and spoke about their work.

I will now follow with a new Statement of intent.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Will you talk this through with me as we need to cement the ideas at this stage as you will drift and not know where you are.
    A clear plan of attack in both statements is required so that you can sort out what to do next.
    Along with good self tracking and labelling will help you once your methods become more evident.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete