Thursday 10 March 2011

Focus on Imaging 2011

On Tuesday I went on a trip with the college to Birmingham NEC to an exibition entitled " Focus On Imaging."  I found it very enjoyable and helpful.   There were lots of equipment stands and 2 book shops and seminars with live talks...I listened into the talks of  a well experienced photographer showing a digital slide show of her work and tips (Heather Angel), because she was highlighting her close up and macro work in the field of nature.
 I also listened into the powerpoint talk  on Photoshop CS5, where 2 speakers from Adobe were showing quick tips and techniques and I took notes of some of these tips.  If I had had more time there I would have  sat in more of these sessions because I found the talks, both on photography and manipulation, the best parts of the day.
  I came home with 3 books, 2 on Photoshop CS5 and one on Wedding Photography.  The Photoshop books and notes I took from the Photoshop seminar will help me with my digital manipulation section of Level 2 and the book on Wedding Photography will help me later.
I  purchased a Canon RS-80N3 Remote Switch for the shutter release on my camera, so this now becomes part of the equipment I will be using going forward.  This will help guard against camera shake which I have experienced, especially in my 'moon shots' when using a very slow shutter speeds.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Visiting and exhibition like Focus on Imaging should lift your research levels higher and nearer to a distinction if you can link what you have seen or read there with an area of your own photography on this course.
    Plus I will help you with the labels and how to self track your work to know exactly what needs attention to help you to achieve a high grade.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete