Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tree story

I prepared before going out by making sure my battery was fully charged.  I took my kit and started out to Calke grounds with the intention of taking some shots of trees for  theme 1 and some close ups for theme 2 within the same journey.  Once there I parked up and chose a walk route.  I carried my camera hand held, leaving my tripod in the boot in case I wanted to return to collect it.
In these images I have concentrated on form, pattern, colour, texture and perspective.

                                         shutter 1/640  aperture f.4  iso 200   focal L 50.0mm

I have used the rule of thirds in most of these images.
                          
                                        shutter 1/328   aperture f.4   iso 200   focal L 50mm

                                        shutter 1/1000  aperture f4  iso 200 focal L 24mm

These images show pattern, form and colour.

                                          shutter 1/1328  aperture f4  iso 200  focal L 24mm

                                                 shutter 1/1000  f4  iso 200  focal L 24mm

Tree Story depicts  different angled shots of the same monster of a tree showing off its shadow patterns and perspective that appears to look like its branches reach out to meet  the trees in the background behind the fence, when in fact there was quite a lot of space between them.  The above image looks like the branch is suspended in mid air, it is a close up of the image above, which is a part of the image above that...

                                                                        Sunny Side
                                         shutter 1/1600   aperture f4  iso 200  focal L 24mm

Sunny Side shows the tree from the other side showing which way the  sun light  is coming from  providing the hard shadows and more of  a siluette appearance. The image shows pattern and form.

                                                                           Arms                    
                                           shutter 1/1000  aperture f4   iso 200  focal L 28mm

Arms shows form whereby  tree arms and shadows form  together to create  a jigsaw look over the whole scene, showing pattern and form.

                                                                       Down Below
                                          shutter 1/250  aperture f4  iso 200  focal L 35mm
The above image shows texure and form.                          

                                                                          Up above
                                               shutter 1/1000  aperture f4  iso 200  focal L 35mm
The above image shows pattern, form and texture.


                                                                           Platelets
                                       shutter 1/500  aperture f4  iso  200  focal L 105mm

A close up shot shows the barks flaky peices... a hard form left contrasting to the delicate leafy twigs of the right and blue light touches coming through from the background. The image shows form and texture.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ness, I really like the textures on the close up shots. Especially the last one.

    The first couple of images look slightly out of focus to me though...or is that just my eyes?

    Keep up the good work, see you tomorrow.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ness,

    I really like these images. The tree that appears to be suspended in mid air had me baffled until I carried on reading.

    The shadows in the images are really great and the blue sky really adds lovely colour to them. I really like the last image - I think it's the texture and the narrow depth of field.

    Stacey

    ReplyDelete